My blogs!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Learning every day...

I was thinking about how much Savy has taught me. For the first year or so that I owned Savannah, I just looked at her as being my horse that I would just come and ride and then leave. I never really gave her much love. But, I was then introduced to Natural Horsemanship, and I think it really gave me a WHOLE new perspective on horses. I envied the people who had such a close relationship with their horse. I wanted so badly for my horse to love me, and not fear me when I came to get her. I also wanted to be able to do something other than riding her all the time. I wanted us to have a connection. So, I started out with Parelli Natural Horsemanship. At first I had no idea what I was doing, but then, Savy started teaching me little by little. I learned from her what it takes to be patient and gentle. That when your teaching a horse, they don't just learn it one time and then they automatically know it perfectly. I had to learn Savy's strengths and weaknesses. I had to learn what she knew and didn't know. It was a long process in the beginning. But now, I've seen everything start to pay off. I'm using more gently commands with some things, and I have a closer relationship with Savy than I've EVER had. I've also started doing other methods of Natural Horsemanship and I'm excited to learn even more. I love Savannah so much and would never trade her for anything.

So, I wanted to tell everyone to listen to your horse. See what they are saying to you. It could lead to a happier and closer relationship with them.

Thanks for listening everyone!

++Bec and Savy++

"Listening to your horse can open up a whole new world of adventures"

No comments:

Post a Comment