Wow. I’m so bad at blogging. I REALLY have to work on keeping it updated. Sorry everyone!
Well, let’s start with an update-
Savannah and I are slowly but surely improving in every area, little by little. I’m really excited about a new direction we’re about to take!(more to come on that later). Lately, we’ve been jumping and working on the flat QUITE a bit. At first, I was starting to focus way too much on jumping. But I’ve realized it’s now time to take a step back in it and put that on hold for a while.(more to come on that too). I really have to work on my dedication to my goals though. It’s really easy to say one thing, but way harder to do it. I love the thrill of jumping SO much. But, I need to take a look at some other areas Savy and I need to progress in first.
Now, my future goals, I’m excited to start working on Savannah’s canter! We’ve been working on canter poles now. Which is why I’m going to take a step back from jumping. Yes, I’ll still be doing little jumps, but I won’t press Savannah to go higher than we already are for a while. But the other night, I worked on trotting up to one single pole then, as we were going over it, I'd squeeze with my legs, and lean forward a bit and Savannah would break into a BEAUTIFUL canter for a few strides. Now, you might say, your not doing the canter poles correctly! I agree, I’m not, but I’m taking my own approach to them to see what works for Savannah and I. And this works. So we’re going to continue with it, after a while, I’m going to place 2 poles far away from each other and after we canter a bit after the first one, I’ll ask Savannah to trot, and we’ll trot to the next pole and then I’ll repeat the same process that I did over the first one. I’m so excited to start by trying things the way that works for Savannah and I rather than having people always telling us what to do. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate critique, I just want some time to do things my way with my horse.(I hope that doesn’t sound selfish). I’m going to be riding bareback a lot more also because I feel SO connected with Savy. Here’s a few pictures on what we’ve been doing lately! Maybe a video to come later.
Bareback cantering :)
Haha, super muscles over this jump :) Sorry about the flare on my camera.
Biggest jump we’ve done in a while.
-Bec N Savy-
No comments:
Post a Comment