My blogs!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Progress in every area, I believe!

Wednesday I went to the barn and for the first time this year, I got to ride outside! :) It was SO nice! Savy started out quite frisky. We went through all our conditioning steps to start with. Lots of walk and trot. The outdoor arena is quite large, and Savy and I did three laps around it at a trot. You may say, “Oh that’s easy.” But by the time we were on the “home stretch”, my legs were burning and Savy was barely trotting. Then we practiced some cantering and had a blast :) After that, I cooled her off bareback(but first I cantered bareback) and took Savy to the indoor arena since no one was in there to play with her at liberty. Our play time was quite rusty but after taking out the treats, we were trotting side by side to a cone, stop at the cone, then turn and run to another one. It was super fun! :) Although at the end, I was having a little bit of a space issue with her and she was being a little too mouthy. So using my own little method of keeping my space, we worked out that little problem and ended on that good note. It was overall a very productive day and I had a blast :)

++Bec N Savy++

No comments:

Post a Comment